From the project Github page: "ePADD is a software package developed by Stanford University's Special Collections & University Archives that supports archival processes around the appraisal, ingest, processing, discovery, and delivery of email archives.
The software is comprised of four modules:
- Appraisal: Allows donors, dealers, and curators to easily gather and review email archives prior to transferring those files to an archival repository.
- Processing: Provides archivists with the means to arrange and describe email archives.
- Discovery: Provides the tools for repositories to remotely share a redacted view of their email archives with users through a web server discovery environment. (Note that this module is downloaded separately).
- Delivery: Enables archival repositories to provide moderated full-text access to unrestricted email archives within a reading room environment."
From the Project page:
ePADD Technical Information
ePADD has implemented its own natural language processing (NLP) toolkit which is used for named entity extraction, disambiguation and other tasks. This toolkit supplants the Apache OpenNLP used in earlier beta versions of the ePADD software. We continue to use Muse as an internal library within ePADD. However, the Apache OpenNLP proved insufficient for our needs (at least for name recognition), and after various rounds of customization, we built our own named entity recognizer. This toolkit uses external datasets such as Wikipedia/DBpedia, Freebase, Geonames, OCLC FAST and LC Subject Headings/LC Name Authority File.
The project is developed with IDEs like IntelliJ Idea and Eclipse, built with Apache Maven, Ant, and custom shell scripts, and tracked using Git for source control and issue tracking. The ePADD software client is browser-based and compatible with Chrome and Firefox. It is optimized for Windows 7 SP1/10, OSX 10.12/10.13, and Ubuntu 16.04 machines, using Java 8.
- On migrating from different email formats before ingest to ePADD https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/digital-curation/srt-oIVwAGU
- ePADD on Twitter
- ePADD 6.0 beta released!
- ePADD User Guide
- ePADD Shared Discovery Module Website Collection Contributor Guide
- Full list of presentations and publications
All development activity is visible on GitHub: http://github.com/ePADD/epadd/commits
Below the last 3 release feeds:
- 2023-06-20 16:06:40
- by jfarwer
- 2023-04-18 16:33:13
- by jfarwer
- 2023-03-23 11:38:19
- by jfarwer
Below the last 5 commits: Failed to load RSS feed from https://github.com/ePADD/epadd/commits/master.atom: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found