aLTAG3D ( a Long Term Archive Generator for 3D) is an open source software developed by the consortium "3D for Humanities" for the generation of long-term archive of 3D projects.
aLTAG3D can generate a SIP document in accordance with the requirements of the CND3D and CINES
- Open the software, and create a new project
- visual monitoring of the archiving progress: fill in all the red boxes (at least), so that they become green. 1 box = 1 metadata
- intuitive workflow: built the right node tree for your data to be archived/preserved only by clicking and dragging the outputs
- add easily your data: drag and drop your files to be archived/preserved in the user interface
- semi-automatic detection of metadata: thanks to some plugins, technical metadata can be automatically retrieved
- check the validity of your project: a button allow if every required information is filled in. If not, the box turn orange
- generate a report of your project in one click, to keep track of your activity
- generate your SIP in one click, every files will be placed in a new folder, with metadata written in XML.
It could now be transferred to the service who will be in charge of the conservation of your SIPs.
aLTAG3D is now fully operational. It is tested and approved by the Consortium "3D for Humanities" as a complete solution for generating 3D archives. Archives produced by aLTAG3D had been successfully accepted by the CINES.
The tool has been tested in 2016 during the PARTHENOS workshop which the aim to promote and contribute to best practices, especially in the sharing, publication and preservation of 3D data in order to promote their interoperability and sustainability.The workshop has been a good opportunity to submit the tool to a discerning public composed by 16 participants from 15 institutions in 9 countries with various profiles. On this occasion, some points for improvements have been made and corrected since.
- Activity on the GitLab Repository
- Atom feed of the activity on GitLab (error parsing XML for RSS)