Workflow:How to preserve your 3D data with the French National 3D Repository?
There are two ways to create a repository on the CND3D - the final objective being to keep the data on the servers of the National 3D Data Conservatory.
- Either the files are loaded directly from the web browser, and all the metadata must then be filled in one by one (need for Sarah's confirmation).
- Or the files are filled in through the aLTAG3D software - to be installed on the computer. The files are dragged and dropped into the interface, a large part of the metadata is then retrieved automatically, only the descriptive metadata remains to be documented. Once all the information is filled in, aLTAG3D checks the validity of the deposit, and generates a tree structure with the metadata (xml file). This package can be sent via ftp, with Filezilla for example.
This second option is therefore preferable because it allows better documentation of the repositories.
Create your SIP online
Create your SIP on your work station
- Identify the data you want to preserve (see 3D data life cycle for more information)
- Open aLTAG3D, create a new project and save it on your working folder (probably in the folder of the 3D data you want to preserve)
- Fill in the required information
- Drag and drop the files to be preserved, a huge amount of technical metadata is automatically extracted. You only have to fill a little amount of information
- Verify the integrity of the project
- Generate the