UKWA GSuite Add-On
To use this tool add a list of URLs to a Google sheet, then select Extensions > Add-ons > and search for UKWA GSuite Add-On. Each user is restricted to 20,000 calls per day by default, which should be kept in mind when planning to check a long list.
Once the Add-On is installed, it can be used to find whether an earlier snapshot of a URL is held in each archive. These formulae are used to query web archive server responses for copies of the URL http://www.bl.uk, in the first row:
- Cell B2 =WEBARCHIVE_STATUS_UKWA(A2)
- Cell C2 =WEBARCHIVE_STATUS_UKGWA(A2)
- Cell D2 =WEBARCHIVE_STATUS_IA(A2)
Results are provided as server codes.
- 200 is a successful response for at least one copy.
- 404 is an unsuccessful response for copies.
- 451 is a qualified response; that the copy, or copies, are unavailable for legal reasons - in this case, that the copyright owner has not given permission to display legal deposit material on the open web.