3-Heights(TM) PDF Validator
A tool that validate a PDF file against the specification (PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2, PDF/A-3, PDF-1.4, PDF1.7). Versions available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Shell (command line for batch processing) or API (programming interface)
Quoted from the homepage: “
The 3-Heights™ PDF Validator safeguards the quality of PDF documents and the processes that create them. Documents are checked for compliance with the ISO standards for PDF and PDF/A documents. PDF is a widespread format; it is therefore important that interoperability is ensured. Documents containing information of relevance to business or intended for archiving, in particular, need to be validated with regard to their correctness and long-term legibility. This is precisely what the Validator does, whether for a single document or an entire batch.
Incoming validation includes:
- Verification of documents with regard to compliance with the PDF and PDF/A standard
- Creation of validation reports
- Classification of compliant and non-compliant documents
- Ensure compliance with corporate directives (Corporate Identity, restrictions to PDF software with regard to creation and processing, etc.)
Validation of PDF documents against various PDF specifications:
- PDF/A-1a, PDF/A-1b
- PDF/A-2a, PDF/A-2b, PDF/A-2u
- PDF/A-3a, PDF/A-3b, PDF/A-3u
- PDF 1.4
- PDF 1.7 (ISO 32000)
Two types of report:
- Detailed report (e.g. for software manufacturers)
- Summarized report (e.g. for archive gatekeepers)
Classification by error, warning and information Validation of conformity for individual documents and complete archives Optional cancellation of validation on occurrence of the first error Read encrypted PDF documents Read PDF documents from file or directly from memory PDF/A-specific validation Report document's claimed conformance level
Comprehensive checks and a high throughput performance characterize the 3-Heights™ PDF Validator. As an active member of the ISO organization, PDF Tools AG aims to support future PDF/A and PDF versions. The PDF Validator can validate individual documents and complete archives.
The 3-Heights™ PDF Validator validates documents not only against a selected standard but also against every specification referenced directly or indirectly by the standard. With regard to the validation of PDF/A this means that documents are validated not only against ISO standard 19005-1, 19005-2 and 19005-3 but also against PDF Reference 1.4, ISO 32000 (PDF 1.7), TrueType Specification, Type1 Specification, XMP Specification and many more. “
- Used by KOST-Val as a validation tool for PDF/A files.