To edit this page, please answer the question that appears below (more info):
What short name does OAIS use for an information package that is used for dissemination?
= Description =
Key features include:
* '''Ingest:''' local tool to create SIPs and attach metadata and transfer to server; range of workflows to upload container files : ZIP files, DSpace, ContentDM or SharePoint exports, Outlook or Lotus Notes email files, or by taking a copy of a website; full QA of content plus running DROID and property extraction
* '''Data Management:''' Edit metadata using whatever descriptive schema you want e.g. Dublin Core, METS, EAD, etc; sync with catalogs e.g. CALM or via OAI-PMH; delete content using approval workflow.
* '''Administration:''' Create users, set roles, set access rules to content at fine grain; maintain transfer agreements; produce reports; sync with ActiveDirectory (on premise only)
* '''Access:''' Browse, search and download files and records using powerful interface. Separate public access interface for content with appropriate permissions.
* '''Storage:''' Large range of storage adapters including NAS / File Server, HSM, Centera, Atmos, S3, Glacier, SFTP; will manage multiple storage locations and copy to remote locations asynchronously; maintains metadata and index information; can set interval to check fixity
* '''Active Preservation:''' over 600 migration pathways installed; performs bulk migrations using background workflows then verifies using comparison of properties.
* '''API Access:''' All versions have an OAI-PMH data provider API and API for accessing metadata and content. Enterprise versions have a read/write REST API and a process control API.
* Cloud versions available hosted in EC, US, Canada and Australia
* Enterprise Private Cloud versions for running on a Preservica hosted and supported private cloud
* Enterprise versions for install in your own data centre
* Enterprise version allows development of complete solutions including your own workflows for all functions and a vast range of hosting options
= User Experiences =
* Case studies can be found here http://preservica.com/resources/case-studies/
= Development Activity =
Main release annually, around 4 minor releases per year
Latest 5.10 release information : https://preservica.com/resources/press-releases/latest-version-of-preservica-simplifies-digital-preservation-and-delivers-enhanced-api-capabilities-1