Java based tool for identifying file formats using signatures and extracting metadata and text content from documents.
 Functional notes
Apache Tika is able to detect many different file formats. The following list names only the file formats which are supported by the parsers in the current Apache Tika version 1.9 and from which Tika is able to extract metadata and/or textual content:
- XML and derived formats,
- MS Office document formats,
- iWorks document formats,
- compression and packaging formats,
- text formats,
- feed and syndication formats,
- audio formats,
- image formats,
- video formats,
- Java class files and archives,
- source code,
- mail formats,
- DWG CAD format,
- font formats,
- scientific formats,
- executable programs and libraries,
- crypto formats.
For detailed information see Apache Tika 1.9 .
 User Experiences
- Comparing how Apache Tika and DROID perform HTML identification: How much of the UK's HTML is valid?
- Apache Tika is a core component of the Web Archive Discovery indexer and profiler.
- A number of pages on the OPF Wiki mention Tika.
 Development Activity
Failed to load RSS feed from http://projects.apache.org/feeds/rss/tika.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
- 2017-12-11 13:11:15