Community Owned digital Preservation Tool Registry (COPTR)
COPTR describes tools useful for preserving digital information for the long term. COPTR is also an initiative to collate the knowledge of the digital preservation community on preservation tools in one place. Instead of organisations competing against each other with their own registries, COPTR is bringing them together. In doing so it's objective is to provide the best resource for practitioners on digital preservation tools.
Browse the COPTR Registry
How to create a new Tool Entry
- Check out these Guidelines for contributing to COPTR.
- Search for the tool you want. Check the full name and the acronym!
- If you find it, consider adding more detail to the existing entry. If you don't find it, follow the link to create a new entry, which will automatically create a outline entry for your tool based on the Tool Page Template.
COPTR was populated with data from registries run by the organisations listed above. COPTR is hosted by the The Open Planets Foundation (OPF) and is maintained by you!
- Why? What? Who? The COPTR FAQ
- COPTR needs YOU!
- COPTR Roadmap - coming soon
- How can my organisation commit to COPTR?
- Using the COPTR data feed
- COPTR to do list
- Contact and feedback
Funding and development
COPTR was made possible by support from the Jisc funded SPRUCE Project.