Contribute your workflow to COW
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Contributing to COW is easy, but before you start, follow these tips:
- Check out one or two existing workflows first
- Keep your workflow descriptions clean and concise. Text only is fine, but you are welcome to add a diagram. We recommend Yed as used by Bitcurator, or Lucid Chart as used by OSSArcFlow. Also see this blog post from Bill LeFurgy on "Visualizing Digital Preservation Workflows". And check out examples as part of the complimentary OSSArcFlow Project and their Guide to Documenting Born-Digital Archival Workflows.
- Save an early draft then do a longer edit to avoid loss of your workflow due to login timeouts
- Discuss or ask questions about the workflows of others using the respective "Discussion" pages
- Be friendly - please treat others with respect
- Give us your feedback - let us know how you got on - email paul (at) dpconline (dot) org.
Create a new workflow
- Create a new workflow by entering a title below and clicking the button.
- If possible, include your organisation name, the function of the workflow and the content it will process in the title. But it keep it short. Eg. "DPC workflow to ingest email"
- Save frequently! Don't worry, once you've saved it you can go back and edit it further.