COPTR to do list
Particular tasks that would help to improve COPTR:
- Add detail to existing tool pages, particularly adding User Experiences. Expand one line "stub" entries with more detailed information (http://coptr.digipres.org/Special:ShortPages).
- Catch incorrect RSS feed references or broken OpenHub widgets
- Add new tool entries for suggested tools listed on the Wish list of tools to add to COPTR page.
- Add a general page explaining how to interpret the "Development Activity" information for none technical users, given various subtleties involved.
- Develop category pages:
Introductory text on Category:Function and Category:Content_Type pages such as that on the Category:Fixity page.All the category pages now have definitions.
- Add explanatory text and additional information (reference guides, other relevant information) to each function and content category
Revise/refine function categories. Must be done with care!
- Category:Forensic is a catch all that could improved
- Category:Web_Crawl is broader than just crawl. Could add an overarching "Web Archiving" category, then have sub categories. Would be nice to incorporate IPCC tool list page?
- Pull together research data focused tools more clearly. Need to be careful not to create too much of a silo, so needs careful consideration. Perhaps unnecessary?