Add a tool to COPTR
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Contributing to COPTR is easy, but before you start, follow these tips:
- Check out one or two existing tool entries first, so you know what to aim for. DROID has a detailed entry on COPTR. Pre-Ingest Tool has a minimal entry (in wiki terms this is known as a stub). As long as a tool has a Purpose (a one sentence description of its function) and has been categorised by content type and function, the COPTR entry will be useful.
- Keep COPTR entries concise and factual. User feedback and other subjective comment should go elsewhere (eg. a blog post) and be referenced with a hotlink from the "User Experiences" section.
- Avoid time specific language as it will quickly become out of date. For example avoid: "The current version of the tool...", "This is a new tool", "This tool is currently under development". Try instead to be specific and reference a particular tool version and/or date.
- Can I add (or update) a tool entry about my own tool in COPTR? Yes - keep it factual, but otherwise that would be very helpful, thanks.
Create a new tool entry in COPTR
- Create a new tool entry by typing it's name into the box
- Ensure you don't add a duplicate entry by first searching for existing entries for the tool you want to add. If there is already an entry, make it better!
- The name of a tool entry page should take the form of Acronym (in capitals) and then the full name in brackets. Eg: ACE (Audit Control Environment)
- Save early, save often, avoid time outs and loss of your edits!
Thanks for your contribution!