Difference between revisions of "Wish list of tools to add to COPTR"
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Revision as of 15:15, 20 November 2014
This is a scratch space for adding lists of tools that should be added to COPTR. Please add your wish list of tools below. If anyone subsequently adds tool entries for tools listed here, please indicate that by adding strike tags around them on this page!
Tools to add
- Forensics tools wish list from Cal Lee (more to come):
- Guymager, fiwalk, bulk_extractor, BitCurator environment
- Other misc tools to add:
- Two tools to add here: http://www.itforarchivists.com/
- Web recorder https://webrecorder.io/
- https://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/ and https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-3818.html
- https://github.com/pericles-project/pet and http://pericles-project.eu/blog/post/metadata%20extraction,%20environment%20information/&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
- http://mpc-hc.org/ Referenced briefly here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/digital-curation/k-B7g80lOfQ/45oXNw-CUrkJ
- http://viewshare.org/ and http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2014/10/new-season-new-viewshare/
- There are a number of tools listed at the bottom of this page: http://wiki.dpconline.org/index.php?title=Institutional_readiness and this page: http://wiki.dpconline.org/index.php?title=Digital_preservation_risks that should be added to COPTR in the Organisational Audit category
- There are a number of tools listed at the bottom of this page: http://wiki.dpconline.org/index.php?title=Benefits that should be added to COPTR in the Benefits category
- Lots of tools listed here http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/CDP/Home that could be added in the Costs category. There is probably also a lot of overlap with this list: http://4cproject.eu/community-resources/related-projects
- DOCX and other document related stuff:
- https://www.openhub.net/p/officeotron (no longer maintained as of 2011)
- http://ooxmlvalidator.codeplex.com/ (no longer maintained as of 2009)
- http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5124 (Microsoft SDK includes validation support), also see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ericwhite/archive/2010/03/04/validate-open-xml-documents-using-the-open-xml-sdk-2-0.aspx
- More tools....
Stubs to fix, expand or remove
- This seems to reference different tools so should be expanded into a number of tool entries http://coptr.digipres.org/Windows_IR/CF_Tools