Catch me on twitter or you can email me: paul (put an @ here) dpconline.org
Community Owned digital Preservation Tool Registry (COPTR)
COPTR describes tools useful for long term digital preservation. It primarily acts as a finding and evaluation tool to help practitioners discover the tools they need to perform particular preservation tasks. There are 528 different tools described in COPTR.
- Find a digital preservation tool using the Tools Grid (or by stage, function or content type)
- Add a tool to COPTR
- Browse or contribute to Community Owned Workflows
Find a digipres tool
- Find the tools you need in the all singing all dancing Tools Grid, which is POWRRd by data from COPTR.
- View all tools
- View tools by functional category or go top down from the DCC Lifecycle high level functional categories
- View tools by the type of content they act upon
COPTR was created and launched with the support of the Aligning National Approaches to Digital Preservation initiative and has been populated and maintained by members of the COPTR partner organisations:
- Why? What? Who? The COPTR FAQ
- Guidelines for contributing to COPTR
- COPTR needs YOU!
- How can my organisation commit to COPTR?
- Using the COPTR data feed
- COPTR to do list and Wish list of tools to add to COPTR
- How COPTR Works - information on the technical setup of COPTR.
- Contact, feedback and questions
Funding and development
COPTR was made possible by support from the Jisc funded SPRUCE Project and the Institute of Museum and Library Services funded Digital POWRR Project.