COPTR needs YOU!
Revision as of 14:45, 22 September 2014 by Prwheatley
We need your help to make COPTR a success. You can help in the following ways:
- Create an entry for a new digital preservation tool: Search for the tool you want, and follow the link to create a new entry if it doesn't already exist.
- Enhance or update an existing digital preservation tool entry. Some entries are no more than stubs, and need expanding to be useful.
- Contribute a link to an experience of using a preservation tool. Evidence of where a tool might be usefully applied, what the pitfalls might be, or when to avoid using a particular tool is really useful for others. See this short blog post from Andy Jackson on Digital Preservation War Stories and why sharing them is important.
- Send us your feedback on COPTR. We want COPTR to evolve to meet your needs. Please let us know how useful you found the registry and what we could to do to enhance it.
- Persuade your organisation to fully commit to COPTR by contributing the contents of your tool registry and then replacing it with links to COPTR or by displaying a view on the data using the COPTR data feed.
- There are some specific tasks to take on listed on the COPTR to do list.