Key features include:
- Ingest: local tool to create SIPs and attach metadata and transfer to server; range of workflows to upload container files : ZIP files, DSpace, ContentDM or SharePoint exports, Outlook or Lotus Notes email files, or by taking a copy of a website; full QA of content plus running DROID and property extraction
- Data Management: Edit metadata using whatever descriptive schema you want e.g. Dublin Core, METS, EAD, etc; sync with catalogs e.g. CALM or via OAI-PMH; delete content using approval workflow.
- Administration: Create users, set roles, set access rules to content at fine grain; maintain transfer agreements; produce reports; sync with ActiveDirectory (on premise only)
- Access: Browse, search and download files and records using powerful interface. Separate public access interface for content with appropriate permissions.
- Storage: Large range of storage adapters including NAS / File Server, HSM, Centera, Atmos, S3, Glacier, SFTP; will manage multiple storage locations and copy to remote locations asynchronously; maintains metadata and index information; can set interval to check fixity
- Active Preservation: over 600 migration pathways installed; performs bulk migrations using background workflows then verifies using comparison of properties.
- API Access: All versions have an OAI-PMH data provider API and API for accessing metadata and content. Enterprise versions have a read/write REST API and a process control API.
- Cloud versions available hosted in EC, US, Canada and Australia
- Enterprise Private Cloud versions for running on a Preservica hosted and supported private cloud
- Enterprise versions for install in your own data centre
- Enterprise version allows development of complete solutions including your own workflows for all functions and a vast range of hosting options
- Case studies can be found here http://preservica.com/resources/case-studies/
Main release annually, around 4 minor releases per year